We are having our first snowfall of the year…well not really. We had a few flurries in the air a couple times earlier this year, but nothing that stuck and it has been unseasonably warm until now. We are getting dumped on.
So with the snow falling and sticking to the roads and people nervous as they always are on the first bad roads of the season, we had to make a 40-mile round trip to pick up my daughter from work due to her car being in for service. What are my thoughts?
- People constantly refer to how bad the roads are
- Some people are very nervous and drive extremely slow
- Some people are idiots and drive a maniac speeds
- My car appears to automatically turn of Max Defrost when it is turned off, so auto-start doesn’t give you the max benefit when used.
- Heated car seats are the best
- If you forgo using the brush for mittens because the snow is fluffy, you will regret it later when your mittens are wet and fingers feel cold.
- Freshly fallen snow on bushes and trees with Christmas lights on them is pretty.
- There is something about snow that puts you in the Christmas mood
- Yikes! Only 12 days until Christmas and I’m not decorated and have more shopping to do.
- Who am I kidding, I wish I were somewhere on a beach, somewhere tropical, not in the midst of a snow storm.
So, I assembled my Christmas tree last night, and I should have put the lights on tonight but it still remains naked. I’ll tackle that project tomorrow night. For tonight, I’m going to crash.
If you are in the midst of a snowstorm, stay warm.
If you are somewhere tropical, I wish we could trade places.