I was in a fog and not sure what to write about, when I stumbled across something that was titled “20 Facts About Me.” Now most of you don’t know me, so this will serve as a quick introduction to who I am. If you do know me, you may find some surprises here. I’m just going to list random things as they come to mind. Here goes nothing:
- I was born September 23rd, which means if you follow astrology I am a Libra and I fit the personality criteria.
- I have lived most of my life in unique places:
a. Born in Traverse City, Michigan — the Cherry Capitol of the World
b. Lived in Iron Mountain, Michigan, which has one of the highest artificially
created ski jumps in the world.
d. From the time I was 6 until just before my 21st birthday I lived in Eaton
Rapids, Michigan — the only Eaton Rapids on Earth and also once famous for
its mineral springs.
e. I now live in St. Clair, Michigan, which has the longest fresh water boardwalk
in the world and is located on the St. Clair River, one of the busiest shipping
channels in the world.
- When I was a child I wanted to be an actress/movie star, a veterinarian, and a writer.
- I work full time as a paralegal, plus I am a photographer and a writer.
- I have never learned my multiplication tables.
- I hate personal confrontation but like to stir up controversy in my writing.
- I write a genealogy column for The Lakeshore Guardian and am an occasional opinion columnist for the Port Huron Times Herald.
- My favorite writer as a child was Nancy Drew, and as a teen I enjoyed reading Agatha Christie and Alfred Hitchcock.
- I now read a variety of genres, but primarily non-fiction.
- My favorite flavor of ice cream is vanilla.
- I was married for 34 years and widowed at age 55.
- I was once an avid collector of Precious Moments figurines.
- I am a scrapbooker.
- I am the mother of two (son and daughter) and have a total of six grandchildren, but unfortunately only have contact with three of them.
- I am writing a book about our families involvement with CPS and my husband and my battle with them when attempting to adopt two of our grandchildren.
- I love to travel and hope to do more once I reach retirement.
- I have a tendancy to become emotionally attached to possessions.
- For the past 37 years I have slept on, and still sleep on, a free-flow water bed.
- My house is filled with items my deceased husband picked up when going through people’s trash looking for metal scrap.
- I have a large collection of bookmarks, most of them obtained for free.
So those are my 20 items. Nothing too off the wall or bizarre. Just simple little things that reveal who I am. What I learned from this, is that coming up with 20 things to list about myself was more difficult than I anticipated. I’m sure once I post this more exciting, fun things will come to mind. That is just how life goes.